Brake Inspection In Plano, McKinney, Richardson, Allen, Dallas, TX
Brake Maintenance – Marlow Automotive
Functioning brakes keep your vehicle and family safe while on the road, and Marlow Automotive offers quick and simple brake inspection for your car or truck. Conveniently located in Plano Texas, trust our ASE Certified professionals to keep your car maintained and in great shape.
When is Brake Replacement Necessary?
Each time you depress the brake in your car, a brake pad (or lining) pushes against a metal disc or drum to help stop your vehicle. Brakes will function normally as the brake pad is worn. A worn-out brake pad will impede your ability to stop your car.
That squealing and squeaking you’ll eventually hear are sure signs that your brake pads are on the way out and need replacement. But audible squeals and problems braking aren’t the only reasons you should bring your car in for a brake check.
Signs of Brake Wear
If your commute sees you stopping and starting frequently on the way to work, your brakes may exhibit signs of wear more quickly than if your commute consists of country roads and a more leisurely approach to your morning drive. Some signs you need brake service include:
- High-pitched squealing when you depress the brake
- Your vehicle pulls to one side when you brake
- The brakes vibrate or act erratically
- The brakes feel soft when you push the brake pedal
There isn’t a finite schedule of when you should get your brakes inspected. A good time to choose an inspection is with a tire rotation. This should happen every six months for frequently driven cars or once a year for infrequently driven cars.
Trust Marlow Automotive for Your Brake Inspection in Plano
A simple yet vital part of your vehicle, your brake pads and other devices that make up your braking system, are just as important as the engine and transmission in your vehicle. Don’t neglect to get a brake inspection because you haven’t yet heard your brakes squeal when you stop.
Contact Us Today for Brake Inspection In Plano, McKinney, Richardson, Allen, Dallas, TX
Maintaining the brake system is essential as it can help save you from major accidents. Here are three things that must be taken care of:
- Keep an eye on the brake pad and rotors, and replace them frequently. The brake pad is connected directly to the rotors. The brake pads may wear out if you drive the vehicle for long hours. If this is not replaced, it may cause severe damage to the rotor system, which is quite costly.
- Change the brake fluid. The brake fluid plays a major role in lubricating and maintaining the hydraulics of the braking system. It is important to remove the old brake fluid before putting in the new brake fluid.
- Get the brake parts checked and replace them as per requirements.
To get the braking system checked, head to Marlow Automotive and get the vehicle checked at the earliest.
These signs are an indication that it is time to get the vehicle’s brakes checked by reaching out to the Plano brake service center:
- When you hit the brakes, the screeching sound signifies it is time to replace them.
- The absence of brake fluid signifies it is time to check the brakes.
- The brake pad begins to vibrate due to distorted rotors on the brake.
- The caliper may be stuck due to faulty suspension, poor alignment of wheels, or the caliper is worn-down.
- If the brake pedal goes too soft or too hard, it is time to call our technician for an inspection.
Here are some things that are included in a full brake service:
- Changing the brake fluid and adding in the new one. Ensure that the mechanic empties the existing brake fluid before adding in the new fluid.
- Replacing and putting in new brake pads. The brake pads often wear out as the vehicle is driven for a long time. Replacing the brake system will ensure a long life for your vehicle.
- Lubricating the entire braking system. Several small components inside the braking system are constantly used as the brakes are applied. Lubricating these parts will help reduce friction among these parts and enhance performance.
- Checking and replacing damaged brake parts. Conducting a thorough check on the entire braking system and parts will help to ensure that every part works efficiently.
When you visit Marlow automotive, our technicians are highly experienced in checking the braking system and analyzing the problems.