When it comes to maintaining your vehicle, changing the spark plugs is one of the most important things you can do. The spark plug plays a vital role in the engine’s combustion process, and if it’s not functioning correctly, your vehicle’s performance can suffer. But how do you know when to change your spark plug?
If you need assistance changing your spark plug or any other vehicle maintenance needs, don’t hesitate to contact Marlow Automotive. Our experienced mechanics can help you keep your vehicle running smoothly and efficiently, whether you need a spark plug change or more extensive repairs. Contact us to book an appointment or to learn more about our auto service in Plano.
Signs Indicating It's Time To Replace Your Spark Plug
- Difficulty Starting Your Vehicle: When your engine struggles to start, it’s a sign that your spark plug is worn out and needs to be replaced. Without proper ignition, your vehicle won’t start, leaving you stranded.
- Poor Fuel Economy: A worn-out spark plug can lead to decreased fuel efficiency, as it causes your engine to work harder to generate power. This extra strain on your engine increases fuel consumption, costing you money.
- Rough Idling: When your engine runs roughly or shakes while idling, it’s a sign that your spark plug is misfiring. This can be a nuisance, making your vehicle uncomfortable to ride in, and can cause more significant engine problems over time.
- Engine Misfires: Misfiring engines are a sign that your spark plug is malfunctioning and needs replacing. Misfires can cause your vehicle to stall, damage your engine, and put your safety at risk.
- Poor Acceleration: If you notice that your vehicle is sluggish or slow to accelerate, it could be a sign that your spark plug is not providing enough power. Without sufficient power, your vehicle won’t be able to pick up speed quickly, making it challenging to merge onto highways and keep up with traffic.
- Excessive Emissions: A worn-out spark plug can cause your vehicle to produce more emissions than usual, leading to a failed emissions test. If you notice that your vehicle’s exhaust smells unusual or has a dark color, it’s a sign that your spark plug needs to be replaced.
- Engine Warning Light: If your vehicle’s engine warning light turns on, it could indicate that your spark plug is faulty. This warning light can indicate various engine problems, but a worn-out spark plug is a common cause. If you see the engine warning light, it’s best to take your vehicle to a mechanic to diagnose it.
If you’re experiencing any of these signs, it’s time to bring your vehicle into an auto body shop for a spark plug replacement.
Contact Marlow Automotive For Assistance
Our experienced mechanics are equipped with the latest tools and technology to quickly diagnose and repair any issues with your spark plug. We’re proud to be a trusted auto body shop in Plano, TX, and we’re committed to providing exceptional customer service to our clients. Contact us today to schedule a spark plug replacement service and keep your vehicle running smoothly for years.