As a driver, your safety and the safety of your passengers depend on the reliability of your vehicle’s brakes. It’s important to know the signs that your brakes need to be replaced, so you can address any issues before they become major problems. This not only assures your safety but also saves you money on future expensive repairs.
At Marlow Automotive, we understand the importance of keeping your brakes in top condition. Our auto body shop in Plano, TX, offers expert brake services to ensure your vehicle is always operating at its best. From brake inspections to brake pad replacements and rotor resurfacing, we have the expertise to keep your brakes working effectively and efficiently.
Signs If You Need New Brakes
Here Are The Signs That You May Need New Brakes:
- Squeaking or Grinding Sounds: If you press the brakes and hear a loud squeaking or grinding noise, it means that your brake pads need to be replaced. Ignoring this noise can lead to more serious problems down the line, such as damage to your brake rotors. You should have your brakes inspected as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
- Soft or Spongy Brake Pedal: When your brake pedal is soft or spongy, there may be air in your brake lines or a leak in your brake system. This can reduce the effectiveness of your brakes and make it harder to stop quickly. It’s important to have your brakes checked immediately to prevent accidents.
- Vibrations or Shaking: When you press the brakes, your steering wheel or brake pedal may shake or vibrate. This might be an indication that your brake rotors are deformed. This can cause uneven wear on your brake pads and reduce their effectiveness. This can be dangerous, especially in emergency situations, and you should have your brakes inspected as soon as possible.
- Longer Stopping Distance: If it feels like your vehicle is taking longer to come to a stop than it used to, it could be a sign that your brakes are worn down and need to be replaced. This can increase your risk of getting into an accident, especially in emergency situations. You should have your brakes inspected and replaced as soon as possible to ensure your safety on the road.
- Warning Lights: Many modern vehicles have warning lights that will illuminate your dashboard when there’s a problem with your brakes. If you see the brake warning light, it’s important to have your brakes checked immediately.
Regular brake maintenance is essential to ensure the longevity and effectiveness of your brakes. At the very least once a year, or every 12,000 miles, whichever comes first, we advise getting your brakes tested. This can help identify potential issues before they become major problems and keep your brakes working at their best.
Keep Your Vehicle Safe on the Road with Marlow Automotive's Expert Brake Services
At Marlow Automotive in Plano, TX, we understand the importance of having properly functioning brakes for your vehicle’s safety. That’s why we offer expert brake services to keep you and your passengers safe on the road. After checking your brakes, our professionals will advise you on the best course of action for any required upkeep or repairs. Trust us to provide reliable and high-quality brake services.